terça-feira, 1 de maio de 2012

TELEPHONING - USEFUL LANGUAGE

Answering
Hello. This is Carl Fischer.
Good morning. Marta Gomez speaking.
Hello. Datatech Ltd.

Apologising
I´m very sorry about that.
I´m sorry to hear that.

Getting details
Can you give me some more information?
Which model is it?

Finding solutions
We can give you a refund.
I can talk to the manager.
We can send you a new one.

Getting through
Can I speak to Janet Porter, please?
Can he call me back, please?

Stating the problem
I´ve got a problem with...
There are some problems with...

Giving details
The invoice is incorrect.
There´s a piece missing.
It´s the wrong part / model / item.

Finishing a conversation
Thank you.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks for calling.


Making contact
Making calls
Could I speak to Laurie Thompson, please?
Yes, this is Ernesto Badia from KMV.
I´m calling about...
Could you tell him/her that I rang?
Could you ask him/her to call me back?
May I ask your name?
Could I have the sales department, please?
My name is Julio Blanco.

Receiving calls
Who´s calling, please?
Could you tell me what it´s about?
May I ask the purpose of the call?
I´ll put you through.
Can you hold?
I´m afraid there´s no answer. Can I take a message?

Making excuses
I´m sorry, he´s in a meeting.
I´m afraid she´s not available.

Stating your purpose
I´m calling about your invoice.
I´m returning his call.
The reason I´m calling is...

Messages
Would you like to leave a message?
Can I leave a message?

Checking
Could you spell that?
Can I read that back to you?

Asking for information
Could I have your name?
Can I take your number?

Showing understand
Right.
OK. That´s fine.

Promising action
I´ll make sure he gets the message.
I´ll tell her when she gets back.


Exchanging information
Checking information
Sorry, did you say...?
Sorry, I didn´t catch that.
Could you repeat that, please?
Let me read that back to you.

Asking for information
Could you give me a few details?
What about the new range? (of shampoo)
Did she say when she´d like to meet?

Finishing a conversation
OK, that´s it.
Thanks very much. That was very helpful.
I must go now.
I think that´s everything.


Making arrangements on the telephone
Making arrangements
Could we meet on Monday at 10.30?
Are you free sometime next week?
How about next Friday?
What about April 10th?
Would Wednesday at 2pm suit you?
Is 11.15 convenient?

Responding
That´ll be fine.
That´s OK.
No sorry, I can´t make it then.
My diary´s rather full that day / week.
Sorry, I´ve already got an appointment at that time.


Telephone complaints
COMPLAINING
Making the complaint
I´m ringing to complaing about...
I´m sorry, but I´m not satisfied with...
Unfortunately there´s a problem with...

Explaining the problem
The CD player doesn´t work.
There seems to be a problem...
We haven´t received the...

Insisting
It really isn´t good enough.
I´d like to know why...

Threatening
If you don´t replace the product, I´ll complain to the manager.
If you don´t deliver on time, we´ll have to contact other suppliers.

DEALING WITH COMPLAINTS
Showing understanding
Oh, dear! Sorry to hear that.
Mmm, I see what you mean.
I´m sorry about the problem / delay.

Getting the facts
Could you give me some details please?
What happened exactly?
What´s the problem exactly?

Making excuses
It´s not our policy to replace items.
It´s not our fault that it hasn´t arrived.
I´m afraid that´s not quite right.

Promising action
OK, I´ll look into it right away.
I promise you I´ll check the details and get back to you.


Problem solving on the phone
Stating the problem
I wonder if you can help me. I´ve got a problem...
There seems to be a problem. We haven´t received...

Offering to help
How can I help?
I´ll look into it right now and get back to you.

Apologising / showing understanding
I´m really sorry about that. I do apoolise...
I understand how you feel.

Making suggestions
Perhaps we could...
Would it be possible to...?

Requesting action
Could you look into the matter?
Please can you check with...

Source: MARKET LEADER - Longman



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário