quarta-feira, 27 de julho de 2011

HAVE YOU EVER...? (*)

(*) Essential Grammar in Use - Raymond Murphy

Nós usamos o present perfect (have been / have had / have played etc...) quando falamos sobre um tempo que começa no passado e vem até hoje - por exemplo, a vida de uma pessoa.

Have you been to France? (in your life) - No, I haven´t.
I´ve been to Canada but I haven´t been to the United States.
Mary is an interesting person. She has had many different jobs and has lived in many places.
ve seen that woman before but I can´t remember where.
How many times has Brazil won the World Cup?
Have you read this book? Yes, I´ve read it twice.



Present Perfect + ever (in questions) and never:

Has Ann ever been to Australia? Yes, once.
Have you ever played golf? Yes, I often play golf.
My mother has never travelled by air.
ve never ridden a horse.
Who is that man? I don´t know. I´ve never seen him before.

Exercise: Ask questions beginning Have you ever...?
(London) : Have you ever been to London?
(play golf): .......................................................?
(Australia): .......................................................?
(lose/yourpassport): .......................................................?
(fly/in a helicopter): ........................................................?
(eat/Chinese food): .........................................................?
(New York): .........................................................?
(drive/a bus): .........................................................?
(break/your leg): ..........................................................?

Talk about you:
Helen has never been to New York. I ....................................................
Helen has never been to Australia. I.....................................................
Helen has never eaten Chinese food. I ....................................................
Helen has never driven a bus. I ....................................................
Helen has never played golf. I ....................................................
Helen has never losst her passport. I .....................................................
Helen has never flown in a helicopter. I ....................................................
Helen has never broken her leg. I .....................................................

Talk about John:
(have/many different jobs) He ..................................................
(travel/all over the world) He ..................................................
(do/a lot of interesting things) He ..................................................
(be/married three times) He ..................................................
(write/ten books) He ..................................................
(meet/a lot of interesting people) He ..................................................


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário