terça-feira, 5 de junho de 2012

SO AND SUCH

SO (THAT) + adjectives / adverbs

I was so well this morning that I stayed longer in bed.
I was so tired this morning that I stayed longer in bed.

SO + little / few / much / many

There was so little money left that I decided not to travel.
There were so few passengers that the flight was cancelled.

There was so much problem with the computer that the company bought a new one.
There were so many songs in the MP3 that it was difficult to listen to all of them.


SUCH + plural nouns and uncountable nouns

They were such nice people!
We have such beautiful weather in Limeira!
He wears such nice clothes.
He writes such interesting books!

SUCH A / AN + singular nouns

We`ve had such a nice meal.
Ann is such a nice person!
It was such an unusual scene!
It´s such an ugly city.
I´ve got such a lot of things to do.

I didn´t enjoy the book. The story was so stupid.
I didn´t enjoy the book. It was such a stupid story!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário